Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Likely Questions & Answers
Question 1: Numerically state the aims objective goals of the Nigeria immigration service?
- Issuance administration of Nigeria travel documents of persons arriving Nigeria departing Nigeria.
- Endorsement of all categories of travel documents of persons arriving Nigeria departing Nigeria.
- Visa issuance interpretation of such visas issuance of residence permit to foreign investors other expatriates who wish to reside in Nigeria.
Question 2: State the rank in the officer’s cadre in Nigeria immigration services.
- Comptroller General (C.G.I)
- Deputy Comptroller General (DCGI)
- Assistant Comptroller General (ACGI)
- Comptroller (C.I)
- Deputy Comptroller (DCI)
- Assistant Comptroller (ACI)
- Chief Superintendent (CSI)
- Superintendent (SI)
- Deputy Superintendent (DS)
- Assistant Superintendent I (ASI)
- Assistant Superintendent II (ASII)
Question 3: Mention six directorates in the Nigeria Immigration Service.
- Finance Administration directorate
- Investigation aliens control directorate
- Operations directorate
- Passport administration control directorate
- Border patrol surveillance directorate
- Projects logistics directorate
Question 4: Which ministry determines the tariffs on the passport issuance or re issuance residence permit?
Federal Ministry of Interior
Question 4B: What is passport?
Passport is a valid information document of a person for the purpose of travelling outside the shore of his country.
Question 5: Name the types of passports we have in Nigeria?
- Nigeria Diplomatic or official passport
- Nigeria Stard passport
- Nigeria Pilgrims passport
- Seaman’s passport or Seaman’s Card Identification
Question 6: Name the offences an alien may commit under the Immigration Act that lead to the deportation of offender?
- Forged/Fake travel or residence document.
- Prostitution/brothel keeping human trafficking
- Illegal entry into Nigeria
- Conviction of criminal offence
- Act of terrorism
- Importation of illegal arms
Question 7: Mention the kinds of visa known to you?
- Diplomatic Visa
- Ordinary Visa
Question 8: Name the types of ordinary visa
- Temporary work permit
- Possessiveness visa
- Tourist visa
- Visitor visa
- Residence visa
Question 9: Mention 5 statutory responsibilities of the Nigeria immigration service.
- Investigation apprehension detention repatriation deportation of foreigner who violates relevant laws.
- Manning of Nigeria’s border posts.
- The implementation of Nigeria’s extort Visa regimes.
- Control monitoring of Immigration Emigration of persons into from Nigeria respectively.
- Execution of deportation/repatriation orders on erring foreigners.
Question 10: List 8 changes that occurred in NIS since May 1999?
- German Embassy British Deputy High Commission trained officers in detecting fraudulent travel documents.
- The United States Immigration Naturalisation Service sent in their instructors to train officers in border patrol technique investigation technique human dignity relations to the public detection of fraudulent documents as well as tactics to reduce human trafficking to the various post.
- NIS in-house training there is a lot of training on going in Abuja NIS training schools staff college in Sokoto immigration training school in Kano Owerri Ahoda Rivers State.
- Seminars like the Nigeria Stakeholders Seminar that the NIS had at the Golden Gate Restaurant in November 2001.
- Reshuffling of officers in very sensitive areas like the Murtala Mohammed Airport.
- Reduced number of officers at the Airport Seme border Sea ports for effective control.
- Re-training of officers at passports offices setting up of a monitoring group to make sure that touts are driven away from the passport area.
- Issuance of e-passport.
Question 11: What is the meaning of the Acronym CERPAC by NIS?
- CERPAC is the Acronym for Combined Expatriate Residence Permit Aliens Card.
Question 12: Who is qualified to be issued CERPAC?
- Expatriates resident or working in Nigeria.
Question 13: What is CERPAC GREEN CARD?
- Combined Expatriate Residence Permit Aliens card (CERPAC). It is an authentic document that allows a non Nigeria to reside in Nigeria to carry out an approved activity as specified in the permit or to accompany a resident or citizen of Nigeria. CERPAC GREEN CARD does not exempt the holder from having a valid entry or re-entry permit/visa.
Question 14: What is CERPAC BROWN CARD?
- Every Alien resident in Nigeria or outside with the intention to remain in Nigeria in excess of 54 days member leaving their ship staying ashore in excess of 28 days are required by law to register unlike the CERPAC GREEN CARD; the BROWN CARD is essential a movement charts. Underthe near CERPAC Scheme registration is valid for two years after which application for two years after while application for validation must be made. (Credit: HotNigerianJobs)
Those are some questions from past Nigeria Immigration Aptitude Tests. Use them to practise for your test.